£75 - £80 per day
22 days ago
Are you a recent Psychology graduate?
Does encouraging creativity in academia to early years SEN primary students interest you?
If so, this could be the school for you!
This is a 'Good' primary school in the heart of London's borough of Barking and Dagenham specialising in SEN teaching. This school supports primary students with special needs; promoting not only academic values, but confidence, creativity, and compassion for personal development. This vibrant primary school prides itself on global awareness by engaging and celebrating diversity - aiding in establishing respect and understanding amongst staff and students.
The successful applicant will join our highly supportive team from September 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and enhance career progression.
Primary Teaching Assistant Personal Profile:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Psychology or related field.
- A passion for aiding in the development of SEN primary school children.
- Strong work ethic with motivation to succeed.
- The ability to utilise emotional intelligence in a team atmosphere.
- The desire to support and engage with academic staff and students to achieve optimal learning outcomes.
Key Responsibilities and Criteria:
- Supporting SEN children in a primary school.
- Working 1:1 or with a pupil group of 3.
- Assisting class teacher with learning objectives.
- Encouraging creativity with class resources.
- Working with curriculum-based material.
- Providing a safe and encouraging primary education learning environment.
- DBS certificate and minimum GCSE education requirement.
- Liaising with the class teacher, parents, and SENCO.
SEN Teaching Assistant Benefits:
- £80 daily rate.
- Possibility for career progression with an Ofsted 'Good' rated school.
- Excellent support from academic members of staff.
- Multicultural community.
- Rewarding career experience.
Career progression- The chance to shape young minds and make an impact is important, which is why this primary school places a strong emphasis on making sure staff are provided with training - ensuring constant progression of your professional development. In house training will be provided by experienced professionals (SENCO, HLTA) for the team of SEN TA's.
Please submit your CV.
We will be in contact with successful applicants for an interview if you have been shortlisted.