about 1 month ago
SEN Maths Teacher - Chingford, Waltham Forest
Remedy Education are recruiting for Special needs Teacher who has extensive experience in teaching Maths to GCSE & low level learners. This is a secondary school which caters for children with SEBD, ASD and SEMH. If you have some SEN experience then please do apply. Special needs Teachers will need to have secondary or Primary Experience.
Teachers are required to deliver a primary school model of education and use their Maths specialism (up to GCSE standard) to support non subject specialist teachers as well as provide sufficient direct teaching.
- The teacher will be responsible for the progress of all pupils in their specialism.
- The teacher will be responsible for coordinating the work of a team of Therapeutic Education Practitioners (Learning Mentors) as well as providing required direct teaching time to meet the needs of the class groups and pupils.
- To look at our pupils holistically and to draw on a wide range of social care and teaching strategies to meet pupil needs whilst promoting interest and sure the safety and well-being of pupils.
- Delivering lessons that are pupil-focused and creative, according to an agreed timetable, including cover lessons when necessary.
- Support class teachers with the delivery of English up to GCSE level.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience/understand English subjects in a range of contexts.
- Differentiating the National Curriculum to meet the needs of ASC /SEMH pupils and devising Individual Education Behaviour and Integration Plans (IEBIP) to reflect their development needs with appropriate SMART targets and actions.
- Helping to identify pupils in need of specific intervention and support, in consultation with the SLT, PCC, Clinical team and Therapeutic Education Practitioners (Learning Mentors) and supporting the provision and monitoring of one to one and small group programmes to address the defined need.
Requirements for the role are:
- Special needs Teachers will be required to be committed to the development of both yourself and the pupils in your class.
- Special needs Teachers must have QTS or QTLS
- You must be able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning alongside a multi-disciplinary classroom team.
- Special needs Teachers will need experience of taking the lead in your subject area and have clear ideas of how to achieve exceptional progress for students.
- Special needs Teachers require the ability to ensure that your pupils fulfil their potential and that you are ambitious in your expectations of them.
- Special needs Teachers are required to possess the elements of a calm demeanour to be able to maintain a sense of humour under pressure
- You must understand and be committed to safeguarding children.