£140 - £180 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Position: SEN Art Teacher - SEN Secondary
Location: Wandsworth, South West London
Salary: £140 - £180 per day
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Remedy is an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We're currently looking for an Art Teacher in Wandsworth, Education Centre supports young people aged 11 - 16 who have difficulties with communication and social interaction, typically associated with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism, and challenging behaviour.
As our Class Teacher; your role will be to provide high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum to enable our pupils to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning.
- To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
- To work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain and use short, medium and long term plans in delivering the curriculum.
- To set, monitor and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for each individual.
- To monitor, assess, review and report on the progress and work of students to parents, team members, senior staff, examination and funding bodies through reports and identified meetings as directed and as is required through school policies and procedures.
- To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
- To develop lesson plans analysing and self-reflecting on the outcomes.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD, SEMH and PDA profile
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge
How to apply:
To apply for this role please do so on our website, for more information on this position please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer