£75 - £85 per day
25 days ago
SEMH Teaching Assistants required for our Outstanding provision
September Start Available:
I am currently recruiting Teaching assistants for a outstanding alternative provision. The school caters for pupils aged 5-12 years who have SEMH / SEN. I wish to recruit full time SEN teaching assistants to join from September on a Temp to Perm basis!
The pupils have the following needs:
They have wonderful personalities and enjoy the benefit of an engaging, hands-on learning style and adapted curriculum. The school believes that every student can realise their true potential with the right support and teaching. Therefore, it sets high standards for both pupils and staff.
The school received an 'outstanding' rating from OFSTED in its most recent inspection and are extremely supportive of both staff and students.
The role involves supporting the class teacher within a classroom of maximum 8 pupils. The role may also involve some 1:1 or intervention group sessions in reading, literacy and numeracy as well as support with the behaviour in classroom.
Someone who has worked with challenging behaviour, SEMH or some from a psychotherapy or therapist background would be perfect for this role!
The successful candidate must:
- Have proven experience working with pupils with SEMH / SEN in a school or alternative provision
- Have the ability to differentiate work according to each child's individual needs
- Be resilient, show enthusiasm and commitment
- Have good organisational skills
- Be a good communicator who can work closely with your colleagues, external agencies and parents.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have good behaviour management skills
- Have knowledge about a range of interventions and their impact on meeting the needs of children with an EHCP
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and monitoring of learning for your pupils
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- A background in sport would be an advantage but not necessary as full training will be given
- The ability to deliver a therapeutic session i.e. play therapy would be an advantage
The successful candidates will benefit from:
- Working in an outstanding provision with an outstanding team
- Permanent contract after a short amount of time via agency
- A competitive salary
- Continuous paid CPD development training
The working hours are:
Mon - Fri, School hours.