Greenwich, S. E. London, London, England
£80 - £85 per day
5 months ago
Secondary Learning Support Assistant (LSA) | Supporting a range of SEN
A brilliant Secondary School in the Borough of Greenwich is looking to appoint several Learning Support Assistants (LSA) for an ASAP start. This role will involve you working with a small number of SEN students throughout the school. The needs can range from dyslexia, learning and behaviour difficulties and autism (ASD).
You will be working with pupils 1:1, as well as working in the Learning Support Centre helping with Maths, English and Science. Lessons will be pre-planned with a clear outline of what is expected and where progress is supposed to be made. Your line manager will be the SENCO who will give you clear guidance throughout your role.
This is a brilliant opportunity for either someone who is particularly interested in supporting SEN with pupils 11-16yrs or for an aspiring Secondary Teacher who is looking to gain experience in a Secondary environment ahead of Teacher Training!
Does this sound like the Learning Support Assistant (LSA) opportunity for you? If so, please read on below to find out further information!
- Learning Support Assistant (LSA) - 11-16yrs
- Supporting a range of SEN: Dyslexia, Learning & Behaviour difficulties and Autism (ASD)
- Working alongside Head of Departments, SEN Teachers and the SENCO
- 1:1 or group support - (KS3 & KS4)
- Additional training provided throughout
- ASAP start - Full time - Long term
- £70 - £85 per day - scope to increase after 12 weeks
- Located in the Borough of Greenwich, South East London
- University degree is essential
- Outgoing, committed and passionate
- Be able to use your own initiative and have a 'can-do' attitude
- Good academics across GCSEs and A-level
- Strong understanding of SEN & Secondary Curriculum
- Experience with children or SEN is desirable but not essential
- Graded 'GOOD' in latest Ofsted report
- Increasing Progress 8 score from year to year
- Brilliant HOD throughout each subject
- Additional training provided throughout - CPD opportunities
If you are interested in this Learning Support Assistant (LSA) opportunity, trial days can be arranged ASAP!
Apply for this Learning Support Assistant (LSA) opportunity by sending your CV to Sophie at Remedy Education. You will be contacted within 48 hours, if shortlisted.