£9 - £12 per hour
12 days ago
School Lunchtime Supervisor (Midday Assistant) - Dalston, Hackney East London
Remedy Education are looking for an additional Lunchtime Supervisor to join our School based in Dalston London The successful candidate will have a personable manner, patience and will be able to engage with children of all ages both inside the dining room and outside in the playgrounds.
The hours will be from 11.30am to 1.30pm Mondays to Fridays throughout the school year. There are sometimes opportunities for additional hours to help supervise children.
The role is to start ASAP. The Job Description is as follows:
Main Purpose of the Role
The Lunchtime Supervisor's main responsibilities are to supervise and assist children during lunchtime both inside the school and in the playground and to help ensure that all children behave in an appropriate manner.
- To support the ethos of the School and work in accordance with its aims and policies.
- To take responsibility, as far as can reasonably be expected, for the safety of the pupils
- To provide a role model for the development of pupils' social behaviour and attitudes.
- To set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- To ensure a safe, secure and well-organised environment is available to pupils
- To follow Health and Safety procedures.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the pupils.
- To be aware of responsibilities under the School's Child Protection Policy and to report any concerns to the Headmistress as soon as they occur.
- To promote the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development of the pupils.
- To promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children.
Dining Room Duties:
- To ensure that the dining area is ready for children to use when required and that the floors are kept clean and safe.
- To help set up and clear away tables and benches/chairs.
- To clean up any spillages of food and drink and sweep the floors once they have been cleared.
- To monitor children in the dining room in order to encourage children to eat healthy, balanced lunches.
- To help children who are having difficulties, for example with cutting up food, and to encourage good table manners.
- To ensure there is adequate provision of resources, including play equipment and organised games to keep children occupied during the lunchtime period.
- To deal with, record and make appropriate decisions concerning first aid incidents and illness to ensure maximum safety for the children during lunchtime.
- To report details of any incidents in which children hurt themselves to the duty teacher and school office so that they can be entered into the accident book.
- To ensure that pupils do not go into 'out of bounds areas' or off the school premises.
- To supervise children getting coats ready to go out to play.
- To organise and decide on activities in the event of wet weather.
- To provide a safe environment for children and take responsibility for supervising and assisting children over the lunchtime period.
- To ensure that children are happy and occupied during the lunchtime period.
- To make decisions to resolve problems and issues that may arise during the lunchtime period.
- To address any misbehaviour by children and to manage behaviour using approved sanctions outlined by the school.
- To liaise with teaching staff to share information, concerns and issues regarding children to ensure that there is continuity in helping to solve any issues or problems throughout the school.
- The job requires physical effort when setting up and clearing away the dining room. Tables and chairs are moved in accordance with manual handling procedures.
- Playground duty is carried out at all times of the year including during cold and windy weather.
You must have a current DBS to be accepted for this role, please apply now or call Sophie at Remedy for more information.