£80 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Receptionist and Administration Assistant for one of our local schools based in the Lambeth, South East London area. Please see full details below:
Job title: Receptionist and Administration Assistant
Contract type: Temp to Perm
Start date: As soon as possible
Pay: £80 - £90 per day, depending on experience
Essential: Must hold a current DBS on the update service for this role
Must drive and have a car due to the location of the role
Desirable: Previous experience working within an Educational Establishment
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Receptionist duties
- Undertake reception duties, act as first point of contact in response to telephone and face-to-face enquiries and pass on messages in a timely manner.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and post outgoing mail.
- Operate the school office email account and ensure all e-mails are dealt with efficiently and in a timely manner
- Under the guidance of the Leadership Team and School Office Team send out correspondence to families via Parent mail
- With other school colleagues meet, greet and register attendance of visitors and ensure meeting rooms, catering and other required facilities are in place to ensure the school presents a professional image at all times.
- Give information and assistance on a wide variety of school matters to parents, students, staff, LA's and other schools.
- Receive deliveries, check through and follow up on any discrepancies and arrange for distribution within the school.
- Notify staff of student absence and update information monitor with student and staff absences.
- Administration duties
- To support the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) as required.
- To run the Principal's diary ensuring meeting times are communicated in a timely manner.
- To respond to generic e-mails on behalf of the Principal.
- Order and distribute school stationary and supplies.
- Prepare reports, documents and letters at the request of the SLT.
- Produce lists, information and data as requested by senior staff or external agencies (e.g. standard/statutory returns, parents lists, newsletter, reports etc).
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the school notice boards.
- To enter, find, update, maintain and store information in paper-based and electronic files and databases.
- Undertake word-processing of letters and reports as required.
3 Provide administration support to the referrals and admissions processes of new students
- Liaise with admissions to book parental visits and communicate details in a timely manner.
- Assist with admissions to arrange student interview/assessments as requested.
- Distribute relevant documentation in relation to assessments, admissions offers, including placement forms.
- Support the production of the school prospectus.
4 Student Welfare
- Be the first point of contact for sick students and liaise with parents /carers /staff/transport.
- Be responsible for daily student attendance recording, ensuring absence calls are made home in a timely manner to verify absence and obtain reason, recording appropriately.
- Be responsible for student transport arrangements liaising with parents/carers, LA's and taxi companies.
- Other/General duties
- Assist the School Support and School Office Managers with management of the school diary and arrangements for meetings, school visits and preparation of meeting rooms and facilities.
- Ensure the upkeep of the reception area.
- To promote the welfare of children at all times and ensure safeguarding policies and procedures are followed.
- To work as a member of the staff team to contribute positively to effective working relationships within the school.
- Undertake any relevant training as required.
- Conduct any other duties commensurate with the post as required.
Please only apply for this role if you are available to start immediately and hold a current DBS on the update service.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Remedy Education. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.