Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£18 - £19.98 per hour
20 days ago
Our client, is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adults team.
Role will involve working across the neighbourhood teams supporting adults aged 18 plus. We are a generic neighbourhood team and work with a range of individuals and families with various presenting circumstances. Nature of work will be primarily case management and may include safeguarding enquiries, duty work, capacity and best interest assessment / decision making and assessment and support planning. We cover physical disabilities, learning disabilities and older persons mental health and work in both community and 24 hour care settings.
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.