Richmond upon Thames, London
£32 - £35 per hour
16 days ago
Please find duties of the role below;
- To manage an assigned caseload of children and families, independently, in compliance with agreed casework objectives, assessing and managing risks appropriately, and in accordance with statutory regulations and guidelines;
- To Investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertake
- assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young
- people; maintaining appropriate personal/professional boundaries;
- To work to range of legal options to support investigation and protection and accommodation; if required give evidence in court; using contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances;
- To liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities;
- To work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning;
- To undertake direct social work responsibilities as an allocated worker to the children and families assigned, to monitor and review the implementation of care plans, to ensure that the services being provided are meeting the assessed need; and that the cost of provision remains within any agreed budget;
- To prepare and maintain case records and other casework information on the Integrated Children's System (ICS), in accordance with the department's policy and timescales.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.