1. To inspect and survey a wide range of private sector residential properties including owner-occupied homes, houses-in-multiple occupation, empty properties and Bed & Breakfast accommodation.
2. To encourage repair, improvement and adaptation of properties in the private sector by utilising a range of options including enforcement under the Housing Act and HMO licensing schemes.
3. To seek compliance with a wide range of legislation enforced by the Council relating to housing health and safety
1. To undertake inspections/surveys of private sector residential accommodation on behalf of the Council to assess property conditions and to seek compliance with a wide range of health and housing legislation enforced by the Council.
2. To visit and interview clients in order to give clear advice and information about their housing conditions and possible courses of action available, in accordance with legislation and Council policies and procedures.
3. To analyse plans, schedules, specifications and other documents to determine their compliance with legislation, policies and procedures enforced by the Council. To ensure quotations and tenders represent value for money.
4. To prepare detailed drawings, schedules and specifications for building repairs and improvements to the standards required.
5. To be responsible for obtaining, checking and evaluating competitive quotations or tenders, supervise works in progress, approve works for interim and final payments.
6. To prepare, serve and follow-up statutory notices within the area of work. To enforce notices as necessary where not complied. To prepare estimates of likely costs of works in default, and to organise and oversee works in default.
7. To prepare statements of witness and associated documentation for Court proceedings or Tribunal hearings. Attend Court and Tribunal hearings and give evidence as an expert witness in private sector housing cases.
8. To deal with general correspondence on own initiative. To respond to Councillors, MP and solicitor enquiries in conjunction with Team Leaders.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.