£28 - £32 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Reading Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Preparing for adulthood team.
You maybe required to site visits in and around Reading for assessments and reviews so easily access to Reading will be a benefit.
Preparing for Adulthood Team remit is as follows:-
* At present, we work collaboratively with young people and their families from the age of 18 - 25.
* Main cohort - young adults with a diagnosis of autism, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and care leavers.
* Support young people to make their own choices in planning for their future. Include the young person and the circle of support in support planning.
* Ensure young people are placed at the centre of decision making so that any plans reflect their wishes and best interests.
* Focus on supporting young people to develop skills to be as independent as possible.
* Focus on supporting young people to identify their strengths and areas where additional support is needed to help them to achieve their goals.
* Raising aspirations - including education, housing, benefits, employment, volunteering and access to community.
* Work collaboratively with other professionals such as CYPDT, Leaving Care, Health Teams, housing, voluntary organisations, care providers, schools and colleges to ensure all agencies involved in supporting the young person are properly engaged in the planning process.
* Dealing with Safeguarding concerns/enquiries - making safeguarding personal.
* Mental Capacity Assessments/Accessing advocacy/community Deprivation of Liberty applications.
* Attend education, health and care plan reviews.
* Providing young people and their parents or carers with good information, regarding what to expect as they approach adulthood and the range of options for the future.
* Learning disabilities experience
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.