£700 - £800 per day
about 2 months ago
Our client, Reading Borough Council is looking for a Public Health Consultant to join their team.
The purpose of the role
- The purpose of the role is to provide strategic decision-making to maximise the health impact of all council policies and operational leadership to the delivery of services and input into corporate strategic decision making, ensuring the achievements of required outputs in line with the Council's vision, goals and objectives. The role will be expected to innovate and provide leadership in the digitisation and integration agendas. This role includes both public health and health protection.
- On behalf of Reading Borough Council, the Service Lead for Public Health will lead on improving the health and wellbeing of the residents in line with the Council's vision, goals and objectives, which are underpinned by the statutory duty placed on local government.
- The post holder will contribute one day a week to public health across Berkshire West working with the Consultants in Public Health in other local councils, the Berkshire West Director of Public Health and the Berkshire West hub.
- The post holder will take responsibility for delivering the strategic objectives of both the Council and the Health & Wellbeing Board, acting as a change agent to enable delivery of relevant outcome indicators from the public health, NHS and social care outcome frameworks.
- The post holder will be expected to be creative, innovative and able to advocate for doing things differently.
- The post holder will be expected to be outward facing, lever for change across organisations, able to influence budgets and lead the council in its goal to be a public health organisation.
- Strategic decision-making to maximise the health impact of all council policies.
- Advise the Health and Wellbeing Board, elected members and the executive team, as well as the wider system, on public health issues and improvement.
- Lead /influence the development of strategic plans to improve the health and wellbeing of residents to deliver the Council's vision, goals and objectives and in influencing local service delivery plans across health and social care.
- Make recommendations about the most cost-effective use of money.
- Influence through public health outcomes the commissioning aspirations across Reading, working with the Head of Service - Strategic Commissioning and Wellbeing.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.