12 days ago
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant on a temporary basis. This role will involve helping to manage and implement the Read Write Inc. phonics programme for groups of children, teaching the programme to groups and assisting in planning and the management/preparation of resources. A knowledge of phonics and effective phonics teaching would be extremely beneficial. We can offer you a friendly, supportive school; opportunities for professional development and a structured induction period.
- To work closely with the Read Write Inc (RWI) lead teacher, ensuring the programme is delivered effectively.
- To support individuals and groups of pupils to help them progress in their phonics learning.
- To support the RWI lead in development of resources.
- To work with the RWI lead in tracking and ensuring pupils phonics progression.
- To deliver specific phonics programme to groups and individuals. Outcomes and activities Learning Support
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the school, including those with physical, learning and behaviour difficulties
- Work with teachers to assess the needs of individual children
- Plan and facilitate small group teaching with a focus on phonics
- Plan and undertake direction for one to one teaching and intervention
- Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
- Assist in creating materials for Phonics delivery and display boards
- Assist with behaviour management within and outside the classroom.
- Certified teaching assistant course or training (desirable)
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above (essential)
- Right to work in UK. Experience
- Experience of establishing successful learning relationships with a variety of pupils at the relevant age
- Experience of the role of a TA/LSA Key Stage 1 in particular.
- Experience of supporting the planning and delivery of the curriculum.
- Experience of teaching Phonics Behaviours Personal characteristics
- Training and practice in Ruth Miskin's 'Read, Write Inc.'