Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire
£35 - £37.50 per hour + Depending on Experience
9 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Cheshire West and Chester Council - Transitions Team - Up to £37.50ph!
- We are looking for an experienced social worker to join our Transitions Team. The Team provides a statutory social work service to our most vulnerable disabled young people from the ages of 16 to 25 who live across the Cheshire West borough and works at all levels of the continuum of need.
- The team is based in Ellesmere port and is co-located with the Children's Disability Team, SEN and Education Teams to ensure a seamless and consistent service to our most vulnerable children and young people.
- The Team provides a statutory social work service to children and young people who live across the Cheshire West borough including Chester, Winsford, Northwich and Ellesmere Port districts, a small number of young people are placed out of area so you will be required to travel.
- We have flexible working with the ability to work both at home and in the office.
- We require skilled and experienced social workers who have practice experience of working with children and families in Child Protection and Court Work. You will be expected to cover as duty social worker on a rota basis and have the ability to manage child protection/sec 47 enquiries working alongside partner agencies.
- Cheshire West and Chester is rated good by Ofsted. We can guarantee you quality supervision and opportunities for training in house. In addition are teams are a collaborative and a supportive environment. Currently we are working with a hybrid arrangement, combination of home working and office base.
- You will receive a parking permit for the locality area and we will also provide IT equipment that will enable you to work virtually, however, you will be required to be office based on a rota basis.
- You will be expected to complete 'face to face' work with children and families, within the current COVID -19 guidance and practice.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.