West Sussex, England
£30 - £34 per hour + flexible working
7587A - Dee_1595498748
4 months ago
Qualified Social Worker, Special Guardianship, South Coast, £34ph
Remedy Social Care needs Qualified Social Workers to join children's services Special Guardianship and Adoption Support teams based in Horsham or Worthing.
You will be excited to be part of a team achieving positive outcomes with adoptive and special guardianship families for the children in their care across the county.
Main duties include:
- Undertaking needs led assessment, multi-agency liaison and direct work with adoptive and special guardianship families.
- Facilitate letter exchange, support some families with face to face contact arrangements and provide direct support to birth parents.
- Work alongside parents and Special Guardians to help them with therapeutic parenting, to promote the attachments between children and their adopters/Special Guardians using techniques including Theraplay and to undertake life story work with children and young people.
- Assess Adoption/Special Guardianship family support needs and SMART plans as agreed prior to work commencing. Make referrals for families to the Adoption Support Fund.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Strong assessment and interpersonal skills
- Car driver is essential as you must be able to travel throughout the county
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.