£35 - £38 per hour
Ben - Safeguarding_1631541322
7 days ago
Croydon Social Services are looking for a qualified social worker to join their safeguarding & support team.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a qualified Social Work post in Hounslow's Children's Specialist Services. In your team you will be working closely with children and their families. You will manage a caseload where children or young people are in Need and subject to Child Protection Plans, LAC and/or Leaving Care. Your role will be to deliver relevant interventions in order to safeguard children and ensure their needs are met whilst also aiming to effect long-term positive change to improve the life experiences of vulnerable children and young people.
Within this role you will work to maintain high standards of professional practice, working at all times in the best interests of children and young people, ensuring that there are clear evidence-based assessments and care plans in place on all allocated cases.
- To provide a Social Work service in accordance with departmental policies and priorities and to participate in the costing, co‑ordination, monitoring and review in line with department procedures.
- To maintain awareness of current legislative requirements as relating to children and to participate in relevant training.
- To use regular supervision and staff appraisal and participate in staff meetings to ensure an effective service to users and carers and further professional development.
- To work according to the council and SOCIAL WORK ENGLAND guidance regarding working hours, professional conduct and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To work according to the council's data protection and confidentiality standards.
To participate in the development and implementation of performance indicators and quality service standards.