£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
16 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adult Mental Health Team for Islington Council.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary mental health team alongside colleagues employed by the NHS and other agencies.
- Managing a caseload of service users suffering from mental illness and some with co-existing substance misuse.
- Provide a range of interventions either directly or through others to address service users mental health needs.
- To improve the service user's engagement with services and reduce hospital admissions.
- To increase stability in the lives of service users and their carers/families.
- To improve social functioning.
- To promote the service users participation in their own recovery and through educational support to develop coping strategies over symptoms of mental illness.
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young person's /vulnerable adults in your care and those that you come into contact with.
- Undertaking assessments of service users mental health needs as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Undertake assessments under the Care Act.
- Acting as care coordinator for the purposes of care programming and statutory aftercare.
- Participating in duty rota as required.
- Supporting service users with mental health problems to access support from other agencies and informal networks.
- Making referrals as necessary to children's social care services when children in need or child protection issues are identified.
- Attendance at meetings, case reviews, conferences, working parties and training when required.
- Giving evidence at Mental Health Review Tribunals and Managers' hearings as required.
- Carrying out an adequate level of workload recording, using electronic recording systems as necessary.
- Preparation to written reports when required.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly