Up to £40 per hour + Depending on Experience
18 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Devon County Council - Exeter - MASH Team - Up to £40ph!
- We're looking for an Experienced Social Worker as soon as possible on a full-time basis working 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday, within our MASH team.
- Successful applicants will be expected to be on the officer rota for 2/3 days per week in office and the other days at home.
- The days will be in blocks so facilitate anyone that does not live local.
- The MASH is the central resource for the whole of Devon receiving all safeguarding and child protection enquiries.
- It is staffed with professionals from a range of agencies including police, health, mental health, education, social care, housing, probation, early years, youth offending, fire, and domestic abuse services.
- These professionals share information to ensure early identification of potential significant harm, and trigger interventions to prevent further harm or to safeguard children's welfare.
- MASH staff gather and review information from a range of agencies and use this to decide the most appropriate way to support a family and ensure the needs of children are met.
- Where appropriate, the MASH team is able to immediately trigger a response, the emphasis being on interventions to the child or young person and their family to prevent harm. Working together in this way ensures that the agencies are sharing information and are able to respond to a child's needs quickly and efficiently.
- The MASH method has resulted in more effective and earlier identification of vulnerable children. It has avoided unnecessary duplication and visits, and simplified processes.
- It has also improved communication between professionals.
- Devon is a mostly rural county, and as our localities cover a large area and accordingly our candidates can be expected to travel some distance between visits. In some areas, candidates will not be able to rely on walking, cycling or public transport to make visits. We therefore require candidates to have access to their own suitable transport, subject to reasonable adjustments that may need to be made in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.