Trafford, Greater Manchester
Up to £30 per hour + Negotiable
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker - Trafford Council, Greater Manchester - Learning Disability Team - £30LTD ph!
The required post is for an experienced Social Worker to join a team who support Adults with a diagnosed Learning Disability and complex needs. In accordance to government guidelines this comprises of home working (a think pad / mobile telephone and equipment will be provided to workers). Initial requirements of connecting with systems will require some attendance at Sale Waterside - this is a COVID Secure site with measures in place to help safety.
The employed Social Worker will be required to evidence completion of vaccinations regarding COVID 19 (2 doses and booster being administered)
Co working with community based health colleagues is part of this role.
- The employed agency worker will be allocated duty slots / some safeguarding work and reassessments to complete as opposed to longer term, complex case work. Additionally to this the worker will also attend and represent the team within CHC Meetings (Screening and DST- decision support tool)
- This Social Worker is required to meet the statutory requirements outlined in the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act & Safeguarding, to assess need and formulate support plans. This resource will also maintain re assessment functions for the team
- The team completes its own screening function and there will be a requirement to provide Social Work advice/support is required to ensure decision making is robust and complies with legal requirements.
- Social work requirement to attend CHC MDT meetings and if required provide evidence to support funding challenges to Resolution panel.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.