4 months ago
Qualified Social Worker - LAC Team - Essex
If you enjoy working in vibrant and diverse communities, we want to hear from you.
Main responsibilities include:
- To manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- To participate in team meetings to participate in emergency duty rota within specific role.
- To participate in written recording, or using new technology where appropriate.
- Respond to public and other agencies by telephone, correspondence and direct contact in order to provide a service within departmental priorities.
- Liaise with relevant external agencies e.g. police, health authority etc.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues in other Divisions and Council Departments.
- To be responsible for individual client case planning in line with the professional standards of the Department.
- To be active in implementing the Council's equal opportunities policy/in professional practice and service delivery.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- A background working with Looked After Children and/or Child Protection
- Good working knowledge of the Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Excellent communication skills
To find out more about this role, please email Frankie on the social care team:
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.