Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£28 - £31 per hour + Depending on Experience
17 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Doncaster MBC - Home First Integrated Discharge Team - Up to £31ph!
- The Home First Integrated Discharge Team work across Doncaster to support people to return home following a stay in hospital. The team is made up of Social care workers, nurses and other professionals, all working towards ensuring a smooth discharge for the person reducing the amount of time spent in hospital where possible.
- Their work is carried out across a range of settings including people's homes, community settings and within the hospitals across the borough, working with people to identify their ability to manage safely with daily tasks, and providing them with information and services to support their discharge from hospital.
- We are looking for a Social Worker for a 3 months contract to assess people who are discharged with support from the Short Term Enablement Project (STEPs) for up to 6 weeks. The role will be carried out in people's own homes in conjunction with the STEPs Case Managers who will provide information on the current level of need, progress made since discharge from hospital whilst receiving STEPs and provide details of those involved in the person's support circle. Strengths based assessments will be completed using the Care Act 2014 considering community and universal services available to support and reviewed in a timely manner. Mental Capacity Assessments 2005 may also be required and awareness of safeguarding legislation under the Care Act is also essential.
- The Social Worker will then make arrangements for long term support either via Commissioned services or Direct Payments or support self-funding people with information and advice to secure their own levels of support to end input from the reablement service in place from STEPs.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.