Tameside, Greater Manchester
Up to £35 per hour + Depending on Experience
26 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Tameside Council - Greater Manchester - Fostering Team - Up to £35ph!
In Tameside we want to achieve the best outcomes for our Cared For Children and Care Leavers. In order to achieve this we are looking for an enthusiastic and positive fostering social worker to join our fostering service. A number of exciting changes and developments are taking place within our fostering service as we are committed to expanding the number of internal foster carers in line with the rise in the number of children who need to be cared for by the local authority. You will need to be committed to providing the best possible outcomes for children and to ensure that our foster carers offer an excellent standard of care.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Fostering Social Worker. The role will be working within a strong team and you will help to make a difference to the lives of cared for children .Our service is also absolutely committed to the 7 Corporate Parenting principles and the successful candidate will continue to ensure these principles are embedded across our service delivery and that the voice of the child and young person is at the centre of all our planning processes.
As a Fostering Social Worker, you will work alongside children's social workers to identify and support foster carers to provide responsive care to children and young people in need of a family.
The Key Responsibilities of the role are::
- Undertaking assessments of perspective foster carers and connected foster carers
- Providing regular support and supervision to carers, in line with agency procedure
- Participate in the recruitment of potential carers, and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
- Working with colleagues within children services to review and understand the needs of cared for children and to support with matching children to our carers. To work in partnership in responsive approaches to help identify any needs within the foster family and with all other members of the child's network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and other task defined.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with partner agencies to achieve best outcomes for children and young people
As a successful applicant, you will have:
- Experience of working with children and young people within the past 2 years including having skills/experience relative to fostering
- Experience of working with foster carers
- Experience of working to high quality standards on tight timescales requiring use of personal initiative, self-motivation, and a can-do attitude to your work
- CQSW/Dip. SW or equivalent
- Social Work England registered
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.