Stockport, Greater Manchester
Up to £30 per hour + Negotiable
about 2 months ago
Qualified Social Worker - Stockport Council, Greater Manchester - Fostering Service - £30ph - Negotiable!
Stockport's Fostering Service seeks to deliver a highly professional service to both foster carers and Stockport's looked after children and young people.
To better provide tailored support and supervision to our existing carers and a timely response to fostering applicants the service is undergoing a restructure and creating a new Connected Carers Team. This team will provide support and supervision to both approved family and friends foster carers and those carers who have a Special Guardianship Order. They will also complete all family placement assessments including Regulation 24 carers and special guardianship assessments.
Other tasks across the two teams include: SGO support, the delivery of foster carer training and facilitating support groups. All of the social workers within the service undertake the task of duty, which is on a Rota basis. This will include regulation 24 assessments. There are opportunities to become involved in a range of other service developments. You will work closely with foster carers, SGO carers, fieldwork colleagues and professionals from other agencies.
- Regular supervision and training and development opportunities are provided for all staff.
- You will have a Social Work qualification and be registered with the Social Work England.
- You will have social work experience and fostering experience.
- Full time
- 37 hours
- Immediate start
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.