North London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
7 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Forensic Mental Health Team for a Local Authority based in North London.
- We are seeking a motivated individual to join the North London Forensic Service team of 18 social workers.
- The service provides care for mentally disordered offenders who are detained under the MHA within medium and low secure settings including specialist services for women and patients with a learning disability
The candidate will have forensic mental health practice experience and in line with the Forensic Mental Health Social Work:
Capabilities Framework will bring a social perspective to the multi-disciplinary team, deliver social interventions and discharge statutory duties including working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders and agencies; ensuring that effective bridges are built between in-patient detention and community discharge which will promote social inclusion and recovery.
Main tasks will focus on;
- Working with approximately 20 patients across 2 wards & 2 MDT's (reduced case load for part time post), assessing risk and social care needs and identifying appropriate discharge pathways
- Responding to Safeguarding concerns, (adults and children)
- Applying legislation and guidance in practice eg. MHA, MCA (assessments of capacity), Care Act, Criminal Justice Act, Children Act, HRA, DVCV Act etc.
- Working with families, victims and family victims, making referrals to MAPPA, MARAC
- Completing various social work reports e.g. MHT & MHAM (presenting report to the MHT & MHAM hearings), CPA, social circumstances admission reports etc.
- Holding in balance public protection with risk assessment and the least restrictive option.
- Working alongside a community social worker from the patient's Responsible Borough to complete, Care Act Assessments, housing and funding panel applications.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly