Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Up to £28 per hour + Depending on Experience
23 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council - First Point of Contact Team - £28ph!
As the first point of contact team, we receive varying amounts of referrals and have 72 hours to respond. We use a conversation model, and offer people to support themselves if possible, prompting a strength-based asset approach. If a person requires a care act assessment, Mental Capacity assessments, Best Interests are also part of our daily roles. We ensure people are safe and stable and transfer over to the locality teams for longer term support.
- Case levels: Variable dependant on level of work received daily into the team, all cases are short term involvement.
- Team size: Presently the team consists of 3 full time social workers, 7 full time/part time non-qualified social care workers called community care officers. We work closely with both internal and external partners.
- Support available in the team: The team have a full time Team Leader & Advanced Practitioner who are either present in the office or virtually.
- Geographical patch : Borough wide/ the work is undertaken both virtually and face to face visits depending on the needs of the person
- Car parking: Car parking is chargeable currently £3 daily, or other staff members find free off-road parking (we do have pool cars that workers can use if they prefer to travel into work via public transport)
- Typical days remote working versus out and about on assessments etc: We have a blended approach to assessment work, working part in the office (rota base with other social workers), and will identify case work that requires a home visit or face to face contact. We do, if possible, ask people if able to attend the office but this is limited and often still helpful to view a person in their environment offers valuable opportunity to establish a person needs.
- Quote from manager: I believe that Doncaster are a progressive and innovative council offering opportunities to their workforce.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.