£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within Lambeth Councils Family Support and Child Protection Team.
As a Social Worker in our 'Family Support and Child Protection' Service you will:
- Work with children and families who are being supported on 'Child in Need' and 'Child protection plans
- Have a caseload of 16-18 children - lower than the average Inner London Borough caseload.
- Work with families in the court arena; completing timely, high-quality court reports
- Attend and chair meetings
- Complete visits in line with agreed timescales
- Regularly review the work you are doing with families with timely 'review' meetings and up-to-date 'plans'.
What Lambeth has to offer:
- Lambeth promotes Systemic approaches to working with families and communities. By embedding systemic values in our innovative 'Children at the Heart of Practice' framework, we are inspiring, resourcing and enabling social workers to undertake impactful relationship-based practice.
- We are based in a modern office in buzzing Brixton, very well connected to public transport.
- Competitive rates of pay: £35-38p/h depending on experience.
- We continue to adopt a hybrid way of working, at home and in the office.
- Agency staff have access to 90% of Lambeth's extensive training offer.
- You will be part of a small team (6 social workers)
- Be supported by an 'advanced practitioner'
- Have regular group supervision
- Have the opportunity to practice in a reflective way with access to our 'reflective spaces' facilitated by trained systemic therapists.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for social workers who share our values. Social workers who understand the importance of building strong collaborative relationships, are reflective, dedicated, and focus on great practice that makes a real difference to the children and families we support.
- We want outstanding social workers who years' experience of front-line child protection social work i.e. court / CP / CIN / CLA
- You will have excellent written and verbal skills with experience of writing good quality court statements / child and family assessments / Child in Need Plans / Child Protection Plans.
- We are particularly interested in social workers who understand contextual harm and are confident in working with contextual safeguarding approaches.
- Social workers who have good knowledge of systemic principles and Signs of Safety will do well in Lambeth.
- Experience of working with a range of risk indicators; domestic abuse, substance misuse, ill mental health, neglect, physical Abuse, child exploitation
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative whilst managing your own time effectively.
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly