West London, London
9 months ago
Qualified Social Worker, Children with Disabilities
- To effectively protect and promote the welfare of all children for whom responsible.
- To work towards the achievement of the 'Every Child Matters' outcomes for all children for whom the post holder is responsible.
- To undertake assessments of children in need in accordance with the National Assessment Framework , Common Assessment Framework, Working Together, London Child Protection Procedures and Children Acts 1989 and 2004.
- To provide prompt and responsive support to carers which promotes the safety and welfare of the children in their care.
- To ensure LAC forms and pathway plans are fully completed to a high standard and evidence the wishes and feelings of children.
- To ensure that children are regularly visited in accordance with conference/review decisions and at least within minimum government requirements and record visits promptly on Carefirst database
- To ensure statements for court and reports for case conferences, panels and reviews are prepared to a high standard, in time for deadlines and evidence the involvement of children, parents and careers.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognized social work qualification
- Substantial and minimum of 2 years post qualifications experience in as a social worker with children and families.
- Substantial experience of direct work with children.
- Substantial experience of conducting care proceedings at Magistrates Courts, Principal Registry and High Courts.
- Substantial experience of assessment, care planning and child protection work
Remedy Recruitment Group are a specialist agency with a team of experts who are extremely proud of the long founded relationships with their clients and candidates. You will need to be fully registered with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please email: