Waltham Forest, London
Up to £32.00 per hour
5 months ago
My Client at the London Borough of Waltham Forest is currently recruiting for Qualified Social Workers to join their Corporate Parenting Team.
- The Corporate Parenting Service pulls together the case work and the provision to focus on permanence for every Looked After Child.
- The social work units, called Practice Support Groups (PSG), will be 0 - 25 years, reducing the transfers and handovers that children and their families hate.
- The focus on a systemic approach, with relationship based social work at its heart, will support social workers and promote reflective practice.
- Working within the Practice Support groups you will carry a case load of more complex cases and offer support to colleagues in group supervision.
- Your skills and experience as a social worker in frontline and LAC will give you a strong practice base which helps keep the focus on achieving outcomes.
Requirements for the Role
- Proven social work experience /placement in a Children & Families setting/ minimum of two year's post qualifying experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of issues relating to looked after children, including relevant legislation, guidance & procedures
- That you are a qualified Social Worker with valid HCPC registration
If you do have any questions regarding this post, then please contact Kirsty on 02084187676 or email