£32.00 - £35.00 per hour
Ben - CWD_1619167984
15 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group is looking for a Children with Disability Social Worker to work in Ealing.
Responsibilities of the social worker in the Children with Disabilities team:
* Caseloads of about 18-20
* Office based duty in a COVID safe environment once per fortnight
* To undertake the range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department as specified in the Children's Act 1989 and such other legislation as is or may be appropriate to work with children and their families, to include:
o The investigation of alleged neglect, ill treatment or abuse of children and to make enquiries as to the need to provide services to such children, instigate Child Protection procedures or an application to a court for an appropriate order in respect of such children.
o The supervision of children subject of a Child Protection Plan.
o The assessment and supervision of children looked after by Ealing in order that statutory duties towards such children are met.
o To undertake the preparation of reports, statements in family proceedings courts and to attend court.
o To undertake assessments, design and implement care/protection plans and encourage the development of quality standards and practice.
* To manage a more complex caseload working with a high degree of personal and professional accountability and autonomy.
* To provide innovative social work services to service users.
* To follow a guiding principle that children should remain with their own families wherever possible and where this has broken down to plan a secure and permanent future for children.
* Promote a learning culture and lead on sharing and disseminating best practice across the department and partnerships and contribute to learning and development activities.
* Undertake complex assessments, make sound analytical judgements and utilise the most effective means of providing innovative care packages within budgetary constraints in conjunction with partners and external agencies.
* To supervise and support students using the practice educator framework and/or to support and enable learning of others.
* To support the Council's vision for Children's Services in line with overall corporate objectives.
Ealing is a vibrant West London borough, with excellent transport links, and from 2019 will also be home to 5 Crossrail stations. Ealing has a high rate of permanent staff, offers a wide range of training opportunities and a Career Progression scheme to promote and support staff development. Ealing has been successful in a number of bids in recent years for developing & promoting innovative social care practice.
* Committed to making a visible difference to the lives of Ealing children and their families
* A qualified, HCPC registered social worker
* An ambitious manager with the skills and experience to deliver the highest standards of professional practice
What can Ealing offer you?
* An exciting opportunity to develop your career within a supportive, well organised structure
* On-going personalised training and development opportunities
* Access to a wide range of high quality resources to support children and their families
* An excellent benefits package with a range of innovative programmes to help you look after your health and well-being
What we are looking for?
* We're looking for an ambitious, professional, conscientious senior social worker to join our team.
* You will be a team player too - working with colleagues in a range of disciplines, sharing knowledge, and providing support and advice to deliver the best possible outcomes for local children and their families.
* Someone who will flourish working in a diverse community and be eager to explore new & emerging areas of social work practice.
Why join Remedy?
1st tier agency
2 payrolls a week
Referral Bonus's up to £400