Bury, Greater Manchester
Up to £30 per hour + Depending on Experience
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker - Bury Council - Children with Disabilities Team - Up to £30ph!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic transitions social worker to join our developing Children with Disabilities Team. The Children with Disabilities Team is a specialist social work team. We work with some of the most severely disabled children and their families; working with children in need, children subject to child protection plans, looked after children, care proceedings and children with a plan of adoption. We are looking for an experienced Social Worker whom has experience of working with children young people and their families and is committed to achieving good outcomes for children with disabilities.
- Responsible for a caseload of children with complex needs. Undertaking statutory assessments, writing reports
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases adhering to statutory timescales.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with children, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case records as per statutory guidance.
- Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative.
- Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
What we can offer you
- Being part of a stable team
- Regular supervision
- A manageable case load
- Visible senior management team
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.