£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
28 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children with Disabilities Team for Achieving for Children based in Chessington.
We are seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our supportive and friendly team working with Children with Disabilities and their families. It is necessary that you have experience in working with children and young people who have disabilities in a Social Care role previously. As Social Worker in the Children with Disabilities team within Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for
- Assessing the needs of Children and their Families in accordance with the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families within statutory timescales.
- Develop Child in Need, Child Protection and Children looked After plans, and participate in relevant Child in need meetings, Children Looked after Meetings and Core group meetings.
- Use a range of interventions to engage children, young people and their families in working towards the objectives of their individual care plans.
The Children with Disabilities team are based in Moor Lane, Chessington. We cover all of Richmond and Kingston boroughs, and are able to work also from Twickenham, Richmond and Kingston offices as required. Being based in Moor Lane has certain advantages unique to the area including;
- Free Parking * Good transport links; Chessington North Station is a 3 minute walk from the office and this line goes into Waterloo via Clapham and takes 30 minutes to get to Waterloo. Chessington is served by the M25 and A3. The A3 is a 3 minute drive from the office and the M25 is a 10 minute drive away. The 71 bus between Chessington World of Adventures to Kingston stops right outside the building also.
- There are shower facilities on site for staff who cycle to work.
- The offices have recently been refurbished with new desks and kitchen equipment - a generous sized staff room is also available for breaks.
- Moor Lane is home to the Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities; health and social care professionals can therefore closely liaise with regards to the care needs of their children.
- Chessington has a parade of shops and cafes, and there are several garden centres nearby also.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly