Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Up to £35 per hour + Negotiable + Depending on Experience
29 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council - Children in Care Team - Up to £35ph!
This post is for a full time agency social worker within the Children in Care Team within Barnsley MBC. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Children in Care Team or Safeguarding. Team within statutory social work. They will be able to undertake the follows tasks;
- Work in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers and, through building effective relationships, to elicit their needs and views and promote participation in decision making. Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations, applying an understanding of the benefits and limitations of partnership work.
- Undertake assessments in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy, and procedures for the service. Anticipate, assess and manage risk to children and young people in more complex situations and produce high quality assessments.
- Plan, implement and review a range of interventions for children, young people, families/carers in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service.
- Manage a workload independently, establishing a network of internal and external colleagues from whom to seek advice and expertise. Model and help others with effective workload management skills.
- Make pro-active use of supervision to support effective practice, reflection and to meet the objectives of Professional Development Reviews.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures. Produce succinct, well-structured records and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.