Tameside, Greater Manchester
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children's Locality Team for Tameside Council.
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Tameside. We are currently looking for 3 social workers to join our locality teams. You will be joining the team at a time of transformation and great investment into services for children and social work practice. You will be working within small social work teams, being case accountable for a complex and challenging case load of children and young people and completing all necessary statutory requirements within child protection and care planning processes.
All posts are based at the Denton Centre. We have 3 vacancies on the following:
1) Stalybridge Locality Team
2) Denton Locality Team
3) Hyde Locality Team (maternity cover)
You will take the lead on championing the voice of children. The work will include undertaking assessments, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
Tameside are on an exciting journey of change following our positive Ofsted visit. We are offering many benefits such as manageable caseloads, flexible working, a stable and permanent workforce and free parking !!! Our permanent management group strive for good practice and are committed to ensuring social workers are valued through regular supervision and training. If you are committed and would like to be part of our journey we would love to hear from you.
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To carry out assessments of children in need, including those in need of protection and looked after children.
* To co-ordinate service provision to meet the needs of those children.
* To carry out reviews and statutory visits in accordance with statutory and service procedures.
* To carry out direct work with children and their families in order to meet their assessed need.
* To respect and promote the needs of children arising from their racial, cultural, religious and linguistic background.
* To supervise children on behalf of Authority, as directed by the court.
* To recruit, assess and develop foster/kinship carers and adoptive parents as required.
* To engage parents, carers and children in meaningful and open working relationships, to encourage their full participation in meeting the needs of the children.
* To support the development of parents and carers as required in order to achieve best outcomes for the children.
* To undertake such work jointly with colleagues within the service and from other agencies in appropriate cases.
* To observe all statutory regulations.
* To meet the Standards set by Social Work England.
* To attend meetings as required.
* To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels, the Court and other agencies.
* To maintain up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved.
* To attend all regular supervision sessions with the Team Manager as required, taking an active part and preparing for each meeting.
* To participate in all training as required.
* To observe all Council and service policies and procedures in respect of administration and professional practice.
* To contribute to policy making within the service and to the evaluation and review of services.
* To undertake such duties commensurate with the level of responsibility for this post.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly