Trafford, Greater Manchester
£21.46 - £33 per hour + Depending on Experience
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker - Central Area Neighbourhood Team - Trafford Council - Up to £33ph!
- We require an experienced (level 3) children's social worker to provide an efficient and effective social work service to children in need and their families. Working as part of a multi agency team and providing support so that vulnerable children can remain within their families wherever possible.
- We are looking for an experienced social worker who can manage a complex case load on an area team (based in Sale Waterside) including case proceedings, court work, child in need and child protection experience of 3 years or more.
- We are looking for someone who can adopt an innovative approach to supporting children's social care and ensure continuity of care to our vulnerable service users.
- You will need to be experienced in undertaking child and family assessments and have significant experience of working with children and young people in care as a practitioner. You will have a thorough understanding of key legislation, regulations, guidance and frameworks as well as experience of multi-agency working in relation to meeting children, young people and family needs paying full regard to information sharing protocols and best practice. You will have knowledge and experience of preventing escalation of need and the application of early help offer/services to children and families. You should also have experience of working with complex situations with a focus on problem solving.
- It is essential that you have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skill in social work assessments. You will be able to undertake detailed holistic assessment of children, young people and their families. The ability to write clear and concise reports, to maintain case records and to fulfil administrative requirements is essential. You will need to be able to work in an unpredictable environment and confidently assess risk and children's needs as well as be able to prioritise, meet deadlines and problem solve on a daily basis.
- You will have a recognised Social Work qualification (e.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, Degree in Social Work) and be registered with Social Work England. You should also have an enhanced DBS check. You should also be able to drive and have access to a car.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.