Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
£34 - £36 per hour + Depending on Experience
about 1 month ago
Qualified Social Worker - Vale of Glamorgan Council - Care Planning and Proceedings Team - Up to £36ph!
The Vale of Glamorgan is looking for 2 full time qualified child and family social workers to join our care planning and proceedings team (working pattern negotiable for the right candidates - reduced/compressed hours etc).
Workers in this team focus on court proceedings and PLO work. If a child's plan is for adoption they work with that child until the adoption order has been granted.. They are able to support families to stay together where possible, or if not, can be open, honest and transparent in their work so children and families are able to understand what if happening and why.
This team completes a range of work, in line with legal requirements. For this reason they need to have at least 1.5 years experience, and have provided written and oral evidence for court.
We offer Social Workers who join us:
- A capped caseload of 12
- Competitive hourly rates
- Monthly supervision with a manager
- Access to dedicated administrative support
- Access to dedicated Social Care Officer case work support
- Access to a Family Support Worker
- Access to Life Journey Work Practitioners who assist with life journey work for children placed in adoptive placements
- A small, supportive team environment
- Ability to work from home
We are looking for Social Workers who:
- Have a minimum of 18 months experience
- Have experience of overseeing pre proceedings and care proceedings
- Are able to produce good quality reports and written work
- Are able to meet deadlines
- Who are able to travel to the Vale of Glamorgan as needed for work commitments