South London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
6 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group is currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adult Assessment Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
1. Within the legislative and regulatory framework, carry a caseload with professional supervision, undertaking trusted assessment of vulnerable and disabled people living in the community.
2. Within the council's eligibility framework, identify referrals which may require urgent response and ensure these cases are passed along to the appropriate team or agency ensuring vulnerable people's welfare is protected and their well being is promoted.
3. Carry out assessments, duty, casework, support plans and reviews, as required by the team manager, where initial information may suggest a significant level of risk and uncertainty about the vulnerable person's circumstances but does not require the direct input of a qualified professional e.g. Occupational Therapist or Social Worker.
4. Identify individuals at risk of abuse and neglect, take action to manage risk and to protect from further abuse or neglect, reporting safeguarding concerns within the multi-agency safeguarding process.
5. Ensure that practical assistance is provided to vulnerable adults, their families and carers in assessing their needs, risks and capacity supporting them to identify and maximise their community and other natural support resources with the aim to promote their safe independence and well being.
6. Ensure that the needs and outcomes identified through assessment of an individual are well reflected and recorded in the assessment process and a person-centred, mutually agreed support plan is set up
- Experience within a similar team
- HCPC registration
- Full compliance required including an enhanced DBS check
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly