Up to £33 per hour + Depending on Experience
24 days ago
Qualified Social Worker - Devon County Council - Adult Safeguarding - Newton Abbot - Up to £33ph!
- Due to our expanding service there is the opportunity to join the Southern Devon Safeguarding Adult Hub, where you will be able to practice in line with "making safeguarding personal" whilst ensuring that the six key principles of safeguarding adult work are embedded
- Develop your knowledge and application of differing sets of legislative frameworks
- Apply risk enablement principals in triaging safeguarding adult concerns to determine whether thresholds for a section 42.2 enquiry are met
- Participate and engage in partnership working with a wide range of other professionals and agencies
- Become involved at a local level in informing national work which continues to develop the safeguarding adult framework Have exposure to more complex safeguarding issues such as county-lines, modern slavery and the PREVENT agenda
- Support community teams in agreed circumstances with individual or whole-service enquiry work
- Become involved in supporting Devon County Council in its work to improve local safeguarding adult practice and systems, ensuring that as a lead agency we continue to deliver an effective safeguarding response across our local communities.
- You will be part of a small, skilled and friendly team of Experienced Social Workers and Social Care Assessors, supported by dedicated Team Managers; with regular supervision, team meetings and access to learning and development opportunities.
- Your work base will be in Newton Abbott. The role is predominately office-based, with the opportunity to work flexibly from home for a part of the week. (Covid-19: whilst national and local restrictions remain in place there is increased opportunity to work flexibly from home; with the Covid-secure work base remaining open for attendance as needed).
- In normal circumstances some travel within the community may also be expected, this would be to support complex individual or whole-service enquiries and to work with community teams and partner agencies in relation to adult safeguarding.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.