£30500 - £41425 per annum + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an Adult Safeguarding Qualified Social Worker to work on a permanent basis in Essex County Council based in Chelmsford.
Essex County Council ( ECC) can offer Social Workers the chance to develop their career in one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK. We are currently offering experienced Social workers the opportunity to be part of a new service, whose focus will be on triaging and managing all new safeguarding concerns referred into Adult Social Care. This is a new innovative approach for Essex County Council and the successful applicants will be part of a team that will shape how we ensure safeguarding is made personal when applying Care Act thresholds.
You will be employed as a social worker and your first year of employment will be with the new Safeguarding Triage team.
The role and function of this team will support effective decision making to ensure section 42 enquiries are progressed appropriately. There will be strong links with all quadrants as section 42 enquiries will remain their responsibility, so there is an opportunity to build strong networks in all areas. As this is a new service, the position will be predominately office based however, there will be opportunities to visits adults as part of triaging the safeguarding concerns based on levels of risk and communication. This service will also offer a consistent approach to triaging and the progression of enquiries which will provide Adult Social Care with more accurate information about safeguarding data.
Dependant on the review of the scheme you will remain within this team or be offered a role in one our quadrant teams.
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly