£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adult Locality Team for Sutton Council.
- LBS Carshalton Locality Team provides long term casework and reviews to all adults with long term care and support needs within our geographical area.
- We work with adults with physical disabilities, adults with learning disabilities who are living with family carers, adults with mental health where this is a secondary diagnosis, older people and carers.
- We are committed to providing a person centred, strengths based approach to all our residents to maximise their independence and social networks.
- We require social workers who are committed to these values to join our friendly, supportive team.
- We have monthly team meetings, and a culture of informal support, learning and reflecting within the team.
- Our team is in the process of working more closely within the GP clusters in the area and this provides opportunity for multi-disciplinary working to improve outcomes for the individual's we support.
Key work involved is:
- Assessment/reviews and support planning with adults to determine eligibility for support in line with the Care Act (2014), and to work with them to empower and support them to achieve the life they want.
- Carers assessments, and developing support plans to make their role sustainable and ensure they are receiving the support they need and consider contingency requirements.
- Mental Capacity assessments as required to support assessment and support planning to ensure appropriate decision making process when individuals lack capacity for a decision in line with the Mental Capacity Act (2015). Referral to and working alongside Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA) when required.
- NHS Continuing Care assessments ensuing that the adults with are supporting have their needs effectively represented and acting as an advocate to ensure they get the appropriate support for their needs NHS CHC when eligible.
- Facilitating hospital discharge in a timely manner when adults you are already working with are admitted to hospital.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly