£33.50 - £35.50 per hour
MED - AT - Dee_1599725889
about 2 months ago
Qualified Social Worker, Adolescent Team, Medway
If you enjoy working directly with young people, this could be your perfect new role.
You will support young people who are on the edge of care and will work closely with Early Help, Youth Services, Housing and with partners from the Police, Health and Education.
Main duties include:
- Provide statutory assessments and interventions in relation to vulnerable young people aged between 11-17 or those under 11 who are caught up in contextual safeguarding who may present to one or more services as needing help, support or protection.
- Prepare clear, structured and concise reports for meetings, i.e. Child Protection Conferences, strategy meetings, Looked After Children Reviews, Children in Need meetings, and court proceedings as necessary, to the required standard and within the prescribed timescales
- Work directly with children and young people to establish their wishes and feelings, using a variety of techniques, as required.
- Consistently use the Signs of Safety practice model in assessments and interventions with children and their families.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Previous experience within an Adolescent Team
- Must have experience working within Children's Services
- Full driving license and access to a car is essential
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.