£70 - £80 per day
2 months ago
Long term perm
Psychology Graduate - Teaching Assistant
Southwark, South East London
Remedy Education are pleased to be working with a special needs school in Southwark. They are recruiting several graduate teaching assistants to start ASAP. These are full-time or part time positions for the remainder of the academic year, via the agency.
This outstanding multi-cultural school caters for a diverse group of 2-16 year-olds, providing encouragement and a positive learning environment. Students have a range of needs including ASD and SEMH. The school's area of expertise is a focus on autism and behavioural needs.
The selected applicants will ideally have previous SEN experience; however, the school are open to applications from candidates, who do not have a wealth of experience, but are willing and want to learn. You will work 1:1 and with small groups of children who have ASD needs. As well as supporting students academically, you will also work to develop self-confidence and improve independence. As well as working with the class teacher, you will also work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will have a caring, calm personality with a keen interest to progress in the field of SEN.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various special needs
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Assist with personal care if needed
- Supervising pupils behaviour
Benefits to you
- Free SEND workshop
- Free Team Teach Training
- Excellent rates of pay
- Valuable classroom-based experience
- The flexibility of working Full-Time or Part-Time.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties or disabilities desirable.
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour.
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 5 days a week and able to commit to at least 3-6 months
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEND and want to make difference, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV today or you can contact Carly Walters on or via email,