£70 - £80 per day
14 days ago
Psychology Graduate - Teaching Assistant - Lambeth
September 2021 start
Remedy Education are pleased to be working with a mainstream primary school in Lambeth. They are recruiting several graduate teaching assistants to start ASAP. These are full-time positions for the remainder of the academic year, via the agency. There is also the possibility of the roles continuing in September 2021.
This outstanding multi-cultural school caters for a diverse group of 4-15 year-olds, providing encouragement and a positive learning environment. Students have a range of needs including visual impairments, hearing impairments, PMLD and complex needs. The school's area of expertise is a focus on sensory and physical disabilities, and they offer both pupils and staff all the right resources to succeed.
The selected applicants will ideally have previous SEN experience; however, the school are open to applications from candidates, who do not have a wealth of experience, but are willing and want to learn. You will work 1:1 and with small groups of children who have both visual and hearing impairments. As well as supporting students academically, you will also work to develop self-confidence and improve independence. Experience with audio technology, such as Jolly Phonics would be advantageous. As well as working with the class teacher, you will also work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will have a caring, calm personality with a keen interest to progress in the field of SEN.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various special needs
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Assist with personal care if needed
- Supervising pupils behaviour
Benefits to you
- Free SEND workshop
- Free Team Teach Training
- Excellent rates of pay
- Valuable classroom-based experience
- The flexibility of working Full-Time or Part-Time.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties or disabilities desirable.
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour.
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 5 days a week and able to commit to at least 3-6 months
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEND and want to make difference, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV today or you can contact Carly Walters or send your CV to,