£70 - £80 per day
7 months ago
Long term perm
Special Needs School
Southwark, South East London
Remedy Education are looking for strong and ambitious Psychology graduates to work as Teaching Assistant in an SEN school in Southwark. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in Special Education Needs.
The role is more specifically working with groups of children with varying learning ability and have special educational needs. Many students have behavioural issues, relating to their mental health or additional needs such as Autism and ADHD. The school are committed to pupil and teacher development, with track records of supporting graduates through teacher training applications. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location - Southwark, South East London
- Position - Educational Assistant
- Type of work - 1:1 work with children with mental health
- Contract or position start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - Temp - Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Rate of pay - £70 - £80 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- Psychology (BSc Hons) degree
- DBS (clean and relevant) - Can be obtained through Remedy
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in a schools or with young people
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
Remedy Education is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Long term fixed supply post with a view to a permanent school based contract
- Ideal for graduates looking to gain experience within a primary school
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click "apply" or send a copy of your up to date CV to Carly Walters.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.