£800 - £900 per day
about 1 month ago
Purpose of the Job:
"Safety Valve" is a Department for Education programme designed to assist Local Authorities reduce the level of overspend on Special Education Needs services. The primary purpose of this role is to lead the programme to develop a detailed plan to secure agreement for the safety valve intervention programme, building innovative and genuine solutions for the benefit of children and young people with special education needs and/or disabilities (SEND).The role leads in the collaboration of stakeholders to co-ordinate the development of the plan bringing forward options, escalations and decisions to the Leadership Group/Programme Team and will be the interface and actively manage positive relationships with stakeholders.
The role will lead in the implementation of the action plan (on behalf of the Leadership Group/Programme Board) through the positive oversight, collaboration, co-ordination, and engagement of key stakeholders.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Leads on the development of a persuasive, robust detailed plan, for submission to the Department for Education to ensure Kent interests are best served through securing agreement for the safety valve intervention programme.
- Provides strong leadership and genuine collaboration in developing an innovative and viable plan to demonstrate how Kent will account for delivery and stand up to scrutiny.
- In developing a plan for the intervention programme, identifies programme risks, issues, and escalations, and develops recommendations for the Leadership Group/Programme Board.
- Manages and drives the development of the plan by effective collaboration of the members of the project teams, adopting programme and project methodology
- Leads on the collaboration of project teams in developing the plan and builds a collective understanding and commitment to the plan.
- Manages and drives the Safety Valve intervention programme, having oversight of delivery planning across individual programmes.
- Creates an implementation plan, assigning tasks, identifying risk factors ensuring the Programme operates within KCC Governance and legal requirements and keeping stakeholders engaged and informed of key milestones.