North West London, London
£25 - £27 per hour
4 months ago
Principal Planning Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Planning Officer to workin within a busy housing team.
Start - ASAP
- Supervisory responsibility for specified planning officers in an applications team.
- To judge and support in judging the merits of development proposals, applying creativity and contributing to regeneration through the determination of planning applications and related matters within delegated powers, evaluate and make sound recommendations on applications including those of a complex and controversial nature, including presentation at Planning Committee and lead on allocated specialist projects, including reviewing development plan policies.
- Defend the Council's decisions at appeals to the Planning Inspectorate for own appeals.
- The provision of a range of high quality pre-application advice services on development proposals.
- Generate income through charged for pre-application enquiries and negotiate financial and other contributions in planning obligations.
- Assist in the promotion of customer satisfaction when delivering DM Services.
- As a senior officer within a planning area team, take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the council's diversity agenda and proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes and commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity.
Please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7676.