3 months ago
Are you aiming to progress your career in SEN education?
Committed to supporting Early Years and Key Stage 1 pupils with Special Needs?
Do you have prior experience as a teaching assistant working with SEN children?
Then exciting new SEN teaching assistant opportunities are open to you in Hackney and its surrounding areas.
The SEN teaching assistant specifics:
- Supporting SEN child(ren) in school (inside/outside classroom, in the playground, at interventions, etc)
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO, parents and intervention leads
- (Role specific) Utilising Makaton, BSL and Visual timetables
- Optimal managing of sensory needs
- Highest quality of Safeguarding
- Experience supporting SEN children in mainstream education
- DBS certificate on the update service
SEN teaching assistant benefits:
- £70 - £85 day rate
- Any school you secure work with will be "Good" or "Outstanding"
- Up-to-date schools with the facilities and resources to support SEN pupils
- "Lend a hand" style staff teams - support available if needed
- Progression through school, dependent on career path/school needs
- Being able to focus on specific SEN needs (ASC, PMLD, Asperger's, Speech and Language)
With winter almost here, it is now the time where primary schools are looking to bring more experience to the team. Routines have been set and plans have been finalised so the last part needed is to bring in that extra support to raise the pupils' attainment.
Whether you are looking for a new school to work in or a different kind of challenge, applying to be an SEN teaching assistant offers you both.
As we work with a number of primary schools in the area, we will aim to match you with a local school for an easy commute; making your journey to and from work simple.
For further information please contact Natalie Abel on 02084181390