£75 - £85 per day
29 days ago
Primary Teaching Assistant
Location: Wandsworth, South West London
Start date: ASAP start
Salary: £70 - £80 per day
Hours: 8:30am - 3:45pm
We are looking for a qualified teaching assistant for a role within an "outstanding" average sized two-form entry Primary School in Wandsworth, South West London.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist the class teacher in preparing lesson materials and equipment
- Provide insight into the progression of the pupils
- Helping the pupils remain focused in class
- Helping the teacher to manage pupil behaviour
- Help to get the classroom ready for when the pupils arrive and clearing away afterwards
The ideal candidate is somebody who is eager to make a difference in a child's academic progression and in turn, in their personal progression. The successful candidate will be somebody who is also:
- Able to communicate effectively
- A qualified teaching assistant
- Experienced at working with children in key stage 1
About the school
The school is in Wandsworth, South West London, and is currently rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted.
- Strong leadership combined with effective teaching in early years ensures that children make outstanding progress in a supportive stimulating environment.
- The pupils love reading and discussing books during lessons
- Both teachers and teaching assistants work together to ensure all pupils work hard and experience the highest quality of learning
- The stimulating curriculum catches the imagination of pupils
Teaching Assistant Summary:
The school is looking for a teaching assistant who is confident in their ability to engage with and inspire pupils to achieve their best. Candidates must be a qualified Teaching Assistant with excellent classroom practices and a love of teaching.
If you are a teaching assistant and believe you are a good match or know any primary teaching assistants who you think would be great for this school, please apply today or search Remedy Education for more information about us.