£160 - £200 per day
7 days ago
Long term perm
Are you fully qualified with QTS or NQT? Do you hold other relevant teaching qualifications?
Are you looking to gain experience teaching within an SEN school with a class of only around 3-10 pupils?
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher to support a primary school catering for children with mild learning difficulties with speech and language, communication needs. As a Primary Teacher you will be responsible for termly topics across your class of 4-10 students and also 1:1 intervention. With a number of resources on hand and a very supportive Senior Leadership Team, you will be sure to fit in! Primary Teachers will support areas such with reading, writing and explaining how to apply what they have learnt in lesson.
As the Primary Teacher you will set tasks in class and have the support of the Teaching Assistant to aid the completion of all tasks set.
The students will have mixed learning difficulties meaning there will be difficulties reading or writing, sitting still for long periods of time, understanding how to complete the work set and may need social and emotional support to feel comfortable in a classroom setting.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary SEN Teacher
- Supporting SEN students
- Taking additional training such as Makaton
- Leading a team of at least 2 TA's
- Starting September 2020 or as soon as notice period.
- Development and improvement of Primary Teaching resources within the department
- Willingness to participate in the school's extra-curricular programme
- £160 - £200 per day, paid weekly
They are looking for an SEN Primary Teacher that add to the ethos that's dedicated to teaching student through life experience and academic learning, and wants to make sure every member feels individually valued. Students are helped to develop into confident and successful individuals, who are responsible. The aim of the school is to ensure each pupil leaves well rounded and prepared for their future. They understand that this is not a quick fix type role, the children will need nurturing over time to help them reach their full potential.
An ideal candidate might have or previously had experience in;
- SEN Experience or wants to gain experience within the SEN sector
- Good classroom behavioural management
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Have QTS or have other relevant teaching qualifications
- Residing in the UK or have a UK address you are moving to in the near future
- Must have or be willing and able to apply for a fully enhanced DBS certificate on the update service
If you believe you can be a valuable SEN Primary Teacher within this SEN school please do not hesitate to contact me or click on apply now. Alternatively please call to discuss other teaching opportunities in Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Greewich.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.