14 days ago
Primary SEN Teacher - Chelmsford, Essex
An Academy located in Chelmsford, Essex is recruiting for a long term, full time Primary Teacher / SEN Teacher who is available ASAP!
The young people who attend this AP have been diagnosed with behavioural SEN; ieCAMHS/ ADHD/ SEMH/ ASD. All-inclusive provision with staff who ensure that their young people work to the best of their abilities. The students who attend are of Primary & Secondary school ages.
You will need to be passionate and wanting to make a difference to SEN pupils with behaviour needs; SEMH/CAMHS/ ADHDetc. All children in attendance are on EHCPs, so it would be beneficial that the new Primary Teacher / SEN Teacher has experience with Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs). This post would suit either an SEN or mainstream teacher (iePGCE/ Teach First / GTP/ SCITT/ Cert Ed/ QTS). You are an enthusiastic Primary Teacher / SEN Teacher who can de-escalate behaviour well, has a great sense of humour, able to build a strong rapport with children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups.
- Your teaching qualification; PGCE/ Cert Ed/ SCITT/ ITT/ Teach First/ GTP/ QTS
- Your SEN Experience (in mainstream education or SEN) - SEMH/ ASD/ ADHD/ CAMHS/ Behaviour
- Open to teaching children at either KS1 or KS2
- Passionate about working with SEN pupils
- Experience working with children on a 1:1 basis and small groups
- MPS or UPS NQTs or Experienced Primary Teachers/ SEN Teachers welcome to apply
- Must have worked in either a Pupil Referral Unit/ Alternative Provision/ SEN School OR Primary mainstream school