£75 - £85 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are working with a mainstream primary school based in Lewisham that are looking for a primary Learning Support Assistant. They are recruiting an experienced in class worker for 1:1 support. The candidate will be working with a child with SEN, they will have good relationship building and behaviour management skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist and support a child with SEN
- To support the child in helping them access the full curriculum
- Help the child to self-regulate as they have some challenging behaviour
- Assisting the child with developing socially. Making friends etc
- Attend inset training as necessary
- Prepare resources for differentiation under instruction from the teacher
- Experience working with children with SEN for at least 6 months
- Experience working in a school and/or an educational setting for at least 12 months
- A flexible and kind approach
- You will be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
For further information, please apply or contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.